From Concept To Commercialization
As part of a global pharmaceutical company, Perrigo Nutritionals invests heavily in original scientific research to discover the latest innovations in infant nutrition. Perrigo Nutritionals has designed a highly effective new product development process that ensures efficient progress from concept to regulatory clearance to commercialization.
Resources focused on new product development include the following:
- A dedicated scientific team investigating the components of breast milk—the "gold standard" in infant nutrition—and opportunities to bring those ingredients and benefits to infant formula
- Regulatory experts with authoritative insight into the legislative guidelines regarding infant nutrition for every country in which Perrigo markets its products
- In-country analysts who research the latest consumer trends and the most recent competitive offerings in markets around the world
- A proprietary internal system designed to prioritize new product opportunities, expedite development, and allocate and align resources for accelerated speed to market
Leader in Infant Nutrition Advances
At Perrigo Nutritionals, our world-class Research and Development team is committed to advancing the science of infant formula through innovation. We firmly believe that leading the industry through market advances is paramount to our success, and more importantly, key to promoting our consumers’ health and well being.
- First U.S. infant formula manufacturer with Safe Quality Food Institute (SQF 2000 Level 3) and International Organization for Standards (ISO-9001:2008) certifications
- First producer of an Organic Milk-Based Infant Formula with DHA
- First manufacturer to receive FDA clearance for fructooligosaccharides (FOS) as a prebiotic ingredient
- First company to market a vanilla-flavored follow-on formula in the U.S.
- First infant formula packaging with anti-theft tag technology